We offer free estimates over the phone to builders and homeowners who are considering purchasing a turnkey rainwater harvesting system of 5,000 gallons or more. This estimate allows you to determine if the cost for a rainwater harvesting system is within your budget. If you are thinking about putting in a system of 2,500 gallons or less, doing it yourself will be much more cost-effective than having a professional rainwater harvesting installer do it for you. Texas Rainfall Catchment offers design services and consultations for systems less than 5,000 gallons. Design services start at $500.
We also offer a more indepth analysis for $150. A rainwater systems professional will visit your property to discuss your water use needs and review potential catchment areas and tank locations. Texas Rainfall Catchment will then provide you with a firm quote for a turnkey rainwater harvesting system on your site.
The analysis and quote include the following:
- Analysis of potential rainwater capture on your site
- Water budget
- Projected monthly water demand
- Discussion about the type of system desired
- Potable - for use inside the house
- Non-potable - for landscaping use
- Combination potable and non-potable
- Quote for a turnkey system
- Filtering methods
- Storage options
- Types of tanks
- Conveyance system sizing and pipe sizing based on Hazen Williams pipe friction calculations
- Pump sizing
- Guidance on the following
- Land requirements
- Aesthetic concerns
- Rainwater harvesting laws and HOAs
- Landscaping practices
- Use of existing infrastructure components
- List of incentives available in your area
Here are some preliminary questions for you to answer to get the most out of your site visit:
- What do you want to use the water for?
- Approximately how much water do you think you will need?
- Do you have house/roof/elevation plans that you could send to us? or
- What is the address of the existing building so we can look at it on Google Earth?
- What is your roof footprint?
- How high are the eaves?
- How big is the lot?
Call 630-781-8982 to schedule your site visit. Site visits cannot be scheduled through email.